How Does It Work?
Follow these 3 easy steps:
- At home, remove, scratch off or black-out personal information from the containers to protect your identity.
- Just before drop-off, remove pills from the original container, place in a clear zipper bag, and recycle the container. Keep liquids and creams in original containers.
- Bring zipper bag and any liquids/creams to a Don’t Rush to Flush location and place in the bin – It’s that easy!
Note: Medications should remain in the original child-proof container until just prior to drop-off.
What can I put in Don’t Rush to Flush bins?
- Prescription medications (non-controlled)**
- Over-the-counter medications
- Medicated ointments and lotions (leave in original containers!)
- Pet medications
What cannot go in Don’t Rush to Flush bins?
- Controlled prescriptions**
- Dietary Supplements, Vitamins
- Business waste (e.g. Clinics, Doctor’s & Dentist’s offices, Veterinarians)
**Controlled prescriptions cannot currently be disposed through the Don’t Rush to Flush program. Check this short list or this complete list to see if your medications are controlled substances.